Moderators: Rich666, PuroresuLove~!

admin
Site Admin

THE SHEIK DOCUMENTARY

Post by admin »

THE SHEIK DOCUMENTARY

THE SHEIK
95min, Feature
The Unfiltered and Shockingly Entertaining story about the Iron Sheik (Khosrow Vaziri).

Once the most outlandish of professional wrestlers, Khosrow Vaziri – a.k.a. The Iron Sheik - is now, at 72, the most outrageous personality on Twitter, a man who routinely shocks even Howard Stern.But the story behind the oversized personality is raw, touching, emotional and almost unbelievable.

The Sheik is a labour of love by two Iranian-Canadian twins – Page and Jian Magen - who grew up idolizing him, and ended up pointing him towards redemption and a second chance at stardom. Featuring Dwayne Johnson, Mick Foley, Seth Green, Jim Ross and over 25 celebrities and entertainment superstars.

An Olympic wrestler in his native Iran, Vaziri fled the Shah’s secret police after the assassination of his politically-outspoken coach. In the U.S., he was a coaching assistant for the University of Minnesota wrestling team, and won Amateur Athletic Union gold. This was his entry-point into professional wrestling, and – with the Iran Hostage Crisis in 1979 – the creation of one of the most brilliant wrestling “villains” ever. He would scream, “Iran NumberOne!” and spit at the mention of the “U.S.A.” Stadiums of crowds went wild demanding he be taken down. It’s been said that without the Iron Sheik, there’d have been no Hulk Hogan. But gravity takes its hold on rising stars. And the Iron Sheik’s descent began with a cocaine possession charge in 1987, his firing from Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Federation, and a descent through the lower rungs of wrestling and of life. Page and Jian, whose father coincidentally was an Olympic teammate of Vaziri, had lost contact with the famous “uncle” who’d introduced them as children to the world’s most famous wrestlers. They sought him out in 2006 and discovered him, “in a dark place,” self-medicating his devastating injuries with drugs. Setting out to film the Iron Sheik’s story, they became more than chroniclers, and became managers and handlers. As Vaziri took control of his substance abuse, Page and Jian createdhis new role as a Twitter superstar with an account and an unending variety of #teamsheikiegoods and services (including a personalized abuse-tweet for anyone willing to pay ). Eight years in the making, The Sheik showcases Vaziri’s incredible Iranian childhood and the countless tales behind his status as the world’s most hated ‘Villain’, The Sheik is a mustsee, Pop-Culture Documentary that will “make you humble.” Or as The Iron Sheik himself told the Orange County Register, “My movie better movie than The Notebook. The world first time ever see how the legend Iron Sheik become Iron Sheik. Everybody know Iron Sheik today. Nobody know about my life and I have lot of fan that want to see how I become most famous Iranian in the world. You see my up and the down and everybody be happy.”
UPLOADED.NET/RAPIDGATOR/TURBO/SecureUpload
http://www.linkbucks.com/WYjF
http://www.linkbucks.com/WYja
get the tables

Re: THE SHEIK DOCUMENTARY

Post by get the tables »

thanks