WCW PPV Re-encodes by SCARS

Moderators: Rich666, PuroresuLove~!

basilel

WCW PPV Re-encodes by SCARS

Post by basilel »

Does anyone know how the WCW PPVs by SCARS were re-encoded please?
I now have the same problem with the Clash of the Champions package, whereby the picture looks squeezed on my Samsung TV. I'd like to re-encode it to a true aspect ratio of 4:3.

Thanks in advance.
VanHammer

Re: WCW PPV Re-encodes by SCARS

Post by VanHammer »

You can actually change the screen ratio on a samsung smart tv, that's what I do when i have that issue.
basilel

Post by basilel »

VanHammer wrote:You can actually change the screen ratio on a samsung smart tv, that's what I do when i have that issue.
I have tried. I have the Samsung UA 46B8000 LED TV and cannot change the aspect ratio if I watch via a USB mem stick.
Rich666

Post by Rich666 »

Why not try burning them on to disks? That way I assume you could then change the TV ratio like you can with most standard TVs.
iamnobody

Post by iamnobody »

Or maybe you can try to connect your PC or laptop to your HDTV using a HDMI cable! ;) ..that's what i do! ..that way you can correct the aspect ratio via your media player!
basilel

Post by basilel »

iamnobody wrote:Or maybe you can try to connect your PC or laptop to your HDTV using a HDMI cable! ;) ..that's what i do! ..that way you can correct the aspect ratio via your media player!
Thanks for the suggestions. I have since discovered that Samsung's in-built Media@2 player on my model TV is quite sub-standard. In any case, my work around solution, although not ideal, is to plug my usb in my bluray player, which then displays it correctly or gives me other aspect ratio alternatives.