WWE Network differences/edits

Moderators: Rich666, PuroresuLove~!

PuroresuLove~!

WWE Network differences/edits

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

Hey everyone,

since the demand of WWE Network content is very high on here, I thought about such a thread.
I hope we collect as much differences or edits as possible.

Differences or edits mean what WWE Network changed compared the live airing of a show or VHS/DVD release.

What should be listed?
Hopefully everything, from changing music to blur things out to complete cut segments/match etc.

In the following post I'll update everything in categories, so everyone can see it within one post.

Let the searching begin. :)
PuroresuLove~!

Re: WWE Network differences/edits

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

Music changes
WWE
- Saturday Night's Main Event theme song "Obsession" removed on all episodes from '85-'88

WCW
- Diamond Dallas Page's theme song changed on NITRO + PPVs
- Chris Jericho's theme song changed to "Break down the Walls" on PPVs
- Hulk Hogan's theme song changed to some generic music before turning to nWo on NITRO + PPVs
- Revolution (Shane Douglas, Malenko, Benoit)
- Goldberg's theme song "Seek & destroy" was changed to his WWE theme song on PPVs

Additional video stuff
WWE Legends of Wrestling
- Bret Hart themed episode features one more Hitman promo, resulting in a longer runtime of ~ one minute
basilel

Post by basilel »

WWE_WWF_TNA_ROH wrote:Hey everyone,

since the demand of WWE Network content is very high on here, I thought about such a thread.
I hope we collect as much differences or edits as possible.

Differences or edits mean what WWE Network changed compared the live airing of a show or VHS/DVD release.

What should be listed?
Hopefully everything, from changing music to blur things out to complete cut segments/match etc.

In the following post I'll update everything in categories, so everyone can see it within one post.

Let the searching begin. :)
Brilliant thread! I hope there's a huge contribution to it.
PuroresuLove~!

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

Could you be a bit more exact?
Does the changes apply to all PPVs?

I know by skipping through NITRO episodes of '95 & '96 that Jericho's "Lionheart" theme song sounds pretty similar, I haven't checked it due to lack of time.
However, Hogan's theme song was edited on NITRO as well - as long as he was a babyface.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

I know that there are differences in the length (and in at least one occasion, w/Brett Hart, an extra promo added) for WWE Legends Of Wrestling - the time diff can be as little as a minute (accounting for just the different network info between 24/7, COD, WEN, etc, to ~15min - I don't yet have details on the longer differences.
PuroresuLove~!

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

I just updated the overview, hopefully I put in everything correctly.
More information are always welcome. ;)
banzaidrop

Post by banzaidrop »

WrestlingDVDNews had several updates on this issue as well, maybe this can be used as "starting point" (because some of the original themes have been restored since then).

http://anonym.to/?http://www.wrestlingd ... nds/61576/