WWE Network

Moderators: Rich666, PuroresuLove~!

basilel

WWE Network

Post by basilel »

Is it just me or do others feel that WWE Network has killed the momentum and excitement over "new" WCW content? :x
PuroresuLove~!

Re: WWE Network

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

Could you explain it a bit more, please?
basilel

Post by basilel »

PuroresuLove~! wrote:Could you explain it a bit more, please?
I assume you are directing your question to me, so I will explain.

In September 2014, the WWEN added to its 'on demand' section, WCW Nitro 1995 & 1996. Before that, it added every single WCW PPV and the Clash of the Champions series.

That's where it stops. Apart from one obscure episode of WCW Pro from 1994 being added early this year, there has not been any further WCW content added. I, like others, am anxiously waiting for Nitro 1997-2001, Thunder and Saturday Night.
PuroresuLove~!

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

Yep, you're right, the question was directed to you. ;)

They know exactly that WCW content like NITRO, Thunder (& maybe Saturday Night, too) are highly demanded & this is why they hold those shows back to up them some time in the (near?) future to get more subscribers when they're struggling with numbers.

I'm also one of the guys who want more WCW content, since I'm still in June '97 with watching WCW, but I want to watch WWEN releases instead of RUDOS releases... well. :D
I really hope they'll continue soon, because WrestleMania is over & now they've 1.3m subscribers...
basilel

Post by basilel »

PuroresuLove~! wrote:Yep, you're right, the question was directed to you. ;)

They know exactly that WCW content like NITRO, Thunder (& maybe Saturday Night, too) are highly demanded & this is why they hold those shows back to up them some time in the (near?) future to get more subscribers when they're struggling with numbers.

I'm also one of the guys who want more WCW content, since I'm still in June '97 with watching WCW, but I want to watch WWEN releases instead of RUDOS releases... well. :D
I really hope they'll continue soon, because WrestleMania is over & now they've 1.3m subscribers...
You are in exactly the 'same boat' as me. I reached the point of June '97 for Nitro a month ago but have on purpose held off on watching any more RUDOS releases. I am grateful, and the picture quality is ok considering, but the sound is woeful (hissing, volume etc).

I do take your points on board and agree completely. With Mania over and with what happened between Sting vs Trips, the timing is perfect to release more content.

By the way, speaking of that match, the commentary by JBL, and backed-up by Cole, was a disgrace. Yes, I know JBL is playing the colour, heel announcer, but don't tell me Vince wasn't feeding him lines just to bury WCW all over again. Disrespectful to Sting as well.
basilel

Post by basilel »

So, it's been reported that "no one is watching older content on the WWEN" and that the chances of having more Nitro upped is slim. Well, I don't know about all you folk, but I'm done waiting. I'm resuming watching the RUDOS releases. The latter part of 1997 and all of 1998 are in good nick. I also have 1999, 2000 in good condition, except for 2001, which is in poor shape. WWE you win (again). Oh, and while I'm at it, it was also suggested that WWE didn't want to "distract" fans away from Mania and the current product by upping anything from WCW. Considering 'Thunder' was said to be a "train wreck", why not up it to prove to people just how bad WCW got? Whatever WWE, go f**k yourself.