PROGRESS - Where to start?

Moderators: Rich666, PuroresuLove~!

PuroresuLove~!

PROGRESS - Where to start?

Post by PuroresuLove~! »

So, shame on me since I have never watched PROGRESS so far. :-D
I want to change that since British wrestling is so hot right now and I need to see that to actually fully believe that.

I've seen the draw of the upcoming SSS and it looks pretty great, I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of matches of at least 90% of the competitors.
Therefore I need to know where should I start watching PROGRESS to get familiar with the current storylines, wrestlers etc.?
Chapter 48 is the latest one on here, but I guess I wouldn't understand everything if I just watch this show, right?

By the way, are there any other UK promotions I should follow?
How good are ICW, IPW:UK, WCPW - since all of these promotions are creating shows on a regular basis.

Thanks for the help, guys!
BobbySixKiller

Re: PROGRESS - Where to start?

Post by BobbySixKiller »

It depends how current you want to be ? If you just want the run up to this years SS 16 and the rise of British Strong Style then starting from around Chapter 39 where Dunne wins the title is a good place to start. But then there's so much good stuff earlier on in Progress the Ospreay Havoc feud Havoc as the most hated man in Progress leaving and returning as a baby face to name but one.The camera work pre chapter 12 isn't great but after that it really improves. Cage match has really good run down of all the shows https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=903&page=4 so you can decide what show you want to see.
RPW is another really good promotion UK seen it live a couple of times